Join a Work Group
On Board Othello is comprised of SE Seattle community leaders and partners who came together to create, coordinate, and implement a shared vision of economic development in our community.
On Board Othello is focused specifically on fostering strong and vibrant commercial growth in the Othello MLK corridor. Building on past planning and work, the coalition has developed a strategic Community Economic Development Action Plan to implement the growth desired by the community.
How can you get involved? Join a work group!
Community Economic Development
Meets 1st and 3rd Tuesdays
9:30-11am at HomeSight
Objective: Create and implement a unifying, comprehensive vision for real estate development and business attraction and retention.
1. Prioritize community economic development goals
2. Work closely with property owners, including Sound Transit, Seattle Housing Authority, and Woodbridge NW to foster community supported development
3. Conduct outreach to potential developers, businesses, and employers to attract complementary businesses that catalyze economic growth
4. Provide technical assistance and growth opportunities to existing businesses
Your work will be setting priorities and guiding the process and outreach
Marketing & Promotion
MEETS AS NEEDED
Objective: Create and promote a unifying Othello neighborhood brand to potential residents, developers and businesses.
1. Manage public relations
2. Promote existing businesses
Your work will be setting priorities and contributing input into the Othello vision and marketing
Clean & Safe
Meets Twice Monthly
Objective: Improve facades and streetscapes to create a welcoming, safe, and accessible environment for new and current patrons.
1. Support businesses to make façade improvements
2. Coordinate cleanup events with businesses, property owners, and volunteers
3. Work with Seattle Police Department to address public safety concerns
Your work will be organizing cleanup and developing ideas for on-going district upkeep and safety